R Family Sneak Peek – on location in Central London

Earlier in the week, I did my first outdoors, on-location session in central London. The R family had been very kindly given a photo session and a package by their friend Tarun, as they were leaving the UK after six years to return to India. Needless to say, they wanted some of the more typical sites of London in the background for their portraits, to serve as a reminder of their time here!

Time was at a premium, as they were flying out on Tuesday evening. The scheduled session on Sunday evening had to be cancelled due to poor weather, and the forecast for Monday afternoon looked good, so we thought we would give it a go.

The R family, with their gorgeous daughter Samaira

The R family, with their gorgeous daughter Samaira

Alas, the British weather did what it does best.. torrential rain at inconvenient moments! We were undeterred though, and in between showers I grabbed shots here and there.

Cute as a button Samaira with her gorgeous mother Sunaina

Cute as a button Samaira with her gorgeous mother Sunaina

After doing Hyde Park Corner, we hopped in a black cab down to Westminster. What photo session in London is complete without Big Ben?

Mother and Daughter and some iconic London images

Mother and Daughter and some iconic London images

And of course, the London Eye!

Father Vaibhav with sweet Samaira

Father Vaibhav with sweet Samaira

Finally, on Embankment, it was time to finish up, just as the sun decided to consider a reappearance! I leave you with a heavily stylised romantic photo of the parents:

Vaibhav and Sunaina at Embankment

Vaibhav and Sunaina at Embankment

It was great fun to photograph the R family – despite the horrible weather, they were full of enthusiasm and smiles and kept on posing no matter what! It was lovely to meet you, R family, and I hope your flight home was a good one. There are plenty more photos where this session came from, and they should be ready in a week or so!

Regular followers of my work here may have noticed that these photos are not my usual style. Well, the R family wanted something a bit different, and I was more than happy to oblige as some of the styles here are ones I am familiar with as I use them for my own personal photography. If you’re a future customer and you like this sort of thing, do let me know!

{lang: 'en-GB'}
This entry was posted in Adults, Families, Natural light, Outdoors and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

11 Comments

1. Posted August 27, 2010 at 2:54 am by Vanessa on FB | Permalink

These are stunning photographs! What a lucky family to have such lovely, memorable photographs of their time in London.

2. Posted August 27, 2010 at 3:00 am by Melissa | Permalink

WOW! What a beautiful family, and awesome location! I LOVE the shot with big ben, the shot of the parents…it’s hard to pick a favorite! Fantastic work.

3. Posted August 27, 2010 at 3:55 am by Angie(Mogo) | Permalink

Rosie they are gorgeous!!!! LOVE them!!!

4. Posted August 27, 2010 at 5:14 am by Liz | Permalink

Love the photo of Samaira with her mother in the gardens, it’s so natural, and outside the phone box with St Stephens tower behind them, which is a fun shot.

5. Posted August 27, 2010 at 8:11 am by Jessica | Permalink

These are fabulous!

6. Posted August 27, 2010 at 8:19 am by Victoria | Permalink

That is absolutely wonderful, Rosie! Great job.
    I wish I were in London, I’d love to have some photos by you:)

7. Posted August 27, 2010 at 10:34 am by Den | Permalink

Fabulous … Makes me wish I had a reason to be photographed!

8. Posted August 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm by cs white | Permalink

Beautiful family and beautiful photos, Rosie! Makes me want to hop on a plane and hire you to take our photos!

9. Posted August 27, 2010 at 12:43 pm by Mandy | Permalink

Rosie I love these!! They are such a beautiful family and the last one is stunning! Wonderful job!

10. Posted August 27, 2010 at 1:20 pm by Jen P. | Permalink

These are fantastic!!!! I can’t even choose a favorite!!! LOVE them all!

11. Posted August 28, 2010 at 2:38 am by Rosemary | Permalink

Beautiful family and these images make me miss London something fierce!!! Beautiful work!